Hey loves, remember me? I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t because it has been a long time since I’ve posted on here. I’ve missed doing this so much, just sitting down and writing, it’s almost like medicine for me, plus it’s something to do during those sleepless nights.
Right then, you’re probably asking where the hell have you been? Or maybe you aren’t and don’t really care, either is fine, but I’m going to tell you anyways. Well, the last two years have been a whirlwind for me, so crazy that I regrettably had to put this blog, which I started when I was 16, on the backburner while I work towards some goals of mine.
So what have I been doing the last two years? The main thing….school. I know it’s not very exciting but that’s the truth. Three years after finishing high school I finally went to back to get a degree. I wasn’t one of those kids that knew exactly what I wanted to do when I got out of high school, my mind couldn’t decide and I just wanted to work a little bit to get out of my shell, because I was a shy kid who could hardly talk to anyone, although I still can’t really talk to anyone. If you’re like that too, let me tell you that it’s totally normal, take all the time you need to figure out what career path will make you happy because, at the end of the day, there are so many other things the world can teach you while you continue to discover yourself. It took me three years to figure it all out. When I finished high school I honestly thought I’d be in medicine but after growing and discovering what I truly love, I decided that the digital and social media marketing world was where I belonged. So for the past two years, I went back to school full time taking 5/6 classes a semester and I enjoyed every second of it. There were moments where it was definitely stressful and kicking my ass but most of the time it was a lot of fun because I loved what I was doing. After all the hard work, I finally graduated last December with a 95% average. Yes…I am a nerd and I’m super proud to be one, which is why I’m bragging about my grade.
Life sure can be confusing after you graduate, especially when all the entry-level jobs out there require 5+ years experience (eye roll) which by the way is impossible since you literally have just graduated. So what did I do? I did what every 22 year old would do, I started my own marketing business. There really should be a class in high school that teaches you how to start and run your own business because let me just say, there sure is a lot of rules and just general legal stuff that you need to know, but thankfully I’ve managed to somehow figure it all out. To start my own business I had to take a few months to build my new website from start to finish (if you want to check it out, here’s a link), and honestly that was difficult because I had to figure out what I wanted my brand to look like, what I wanted to name my company and so on, so it took longer than I thought it would. In March, I finally launched and have amazing clients to work for and I am loving my job. I get to work with different companies every day, no day is ever the same, and I get to work from home and hang out with my furry friends. This is the life I’ve always wanted for myself, and I’m so glad I took the time to get here.
Some other quick, non-major, life updates:
- It’s the end of the black hair era (shocking!). I randomly decide to dye my hair bright red and I have been loving it ever since. I had black hair for maybe, 9 years, it was definitely time for a change, thankfully this red is amazing and goes with everything. I think it’ll stay around for quite some time but I have to admit, I’m already thinking about what fun colour will be next, perhaps pink!
- I got a kitty! My family has a new addition and its Simon our cuddly orange/white kitty. Now, I’m honestly a dog person, always have been and always will be, but this kitten sure has stolen my heart and my corgi’s heart too! Who knew kittens and dogs could get along so nicely, I mean…they cuddle each other! Simon has also definitely taken on some dog characteristics, maybe that’s why I love him as much as I do, either way, he’s the cutest.
So what’s next? I have to admit I’ve been asking myself that question for a little while, and I’m not sure I have the answers yet, but here are some things I do know:
- This blog will continue. I’ve missed writing so much, and it’s definitely been one of the missing puzzle pieces in my life and now that everything’s settled down, I have enough time to dedicate to this.
- I am determined to make my marketing company successful, no matter how much time, effort and hard work it takes because at the end of the day, I know it’ll be worth it.
- I will be travelling. It’s honestly been about two years since I’ve been somewhere, so I’m going to be making an effort to travel more next year. I already have a trip planned for February to go see Bring Me the Horizon in Vegas (yeah…I’m still obsessed with them), and I’m heading back to England (finally!!!) with my sister this June for our second annual sister trip!
- London Calling? England has always been a second home to me, and for the past two years all I can constantly think about is moving there and starting the next chapter of my life. Perhaps 2019 is the year I will finally take the plunge and just do it. After all, life’s about being happy and making your dreams come true, right?
I cannot stress enough how much I’ve missed this and I hope to write again soon.
Until then love and take care of yourself xoxo